The weather this weekend has been absolutely lovely so I thought it'd a great time to talk about those little items I find essential for hot days out and about.
1. First of all, sunnies - I am quite sensitive to light so I can't leave the house without my sunglasses. These are the Michael Kors Grenadines in tortoiseshell and I'm in love with them. There is also a black version available.
2. SPF - When I was younger I didn't really care much about SPF. Now that I'm more aware of sun damage I always wear it. During the summer, especially on very hot and sunny days, I try to use SPF50. I've been enjoying the Garnier Ambre Solaire line for the face and for the body (dry mist). Easy to apply, not too greasy and protects me really well throughout the day.
3. Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm SPF 10 - cheap and cheerful. Always good to have some SPF on your lips as well.
4. Hat - Stylish and gives you extra sun protection. A great accessory for this season. Mine is from H&M.
5. Makeup - During the summer months I try to avoid foundation and rely more on tinted moisturisers, BB or CC creams. I've recently started using the Bourjois 1 2 3 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream and I'm really impressed. I enjoy that it has a light texture and good coverage at the same time. No powdery finish and it covers pigmentation really well.
6. Self Tanning - I'm not a huge fan of proper fake tan, so last summer I started using those gradual tanning body creams and my favourite so far is the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning 250ml. It leaves a lovely glow without looking fake or orange. Boots has got it on sale at the moment. Go check it out! :)
7. Fragrance - I love changing my perfumes according to the season. Right now I'm totally obsessed with See By Chlóe EDT 50ml. It's such a light, elegant and flowery scent. Perfect for summer. The only downside is I don't find it to be as long lasting as some of my other perfumes but I love the scent so much that I don't mind having to reapply.
8. Books - There isn't anything more relaxing than reading by the beach, pool or at the park on a warm day. Most of the time I use my Kindle but recently I went back to paper covers and started reading "When I Fall In Love" by Miranda Dickinson.
9. Flip Flops - I don't know about you, but I think Havaianas are the best!
10. Ice cream - I'm a coffee lover and I recently found this Tesco Finest Caffé Latte Ice Cream . It's amazing.
I'd love to hear what your essential items are for this summer.