What is the Liebster Award?
It is an award that is given to a blogger by other bloggers, it is a chain and it is up to you to continue the chain by nominating other bloggers yourself. You cannot however nominate the person who nominated you.
Who can receive this?
Well over time this has been changed, and you now have to forward it on to 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
What does it involve?
You first list 11 random facts about yourself
Then you answer the 11 questions set to you by the person who nominated you
You then nominate 11 blogs and set the questions you would like to ask them
* 11 Random Facts About Me *
1. I do some volunteering work for Oxfam
2. I love learning new languages. I speak English of course and Portuguese. I also understand a bit of Spanish and I want to learn French next.
3. I love TV series and my favourite at the moment are The Vampire Diaries and Breaking Bad (I'm currently watching the last season)
4. I'm a lipstick addict, always trying to control myself not to buy too many
5. I'm also currently addicted to Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
6. I was crazy about Backstreet Boys growing up. I had a crush on Nick Carter. lol
7.When I want to chill out, I like going for a walk at the park, reading and listening to music
8. I love animals, literally every animal. I have had dogs and parrots in the past and would like to have them again, as well as having a cat. Not all at the same time, though.
9. Travelling is one of my most favourite things to do, but I'm a little bit scared of flying
10. I'm a very tidy and organised person. I hate mess! It drives me nuts!
11. I'm the kinda person who prefers to have a few close friends than many acquaintances.
1. What made you start blogging?
I've become very passionate about everything beauty related in the past 2-3 years and decided to start a blog as a way of sharing my passion and exchanging experiences with other people.
2. How long have you been blogging for, and your experience of it so far?
I've been blogging for just over 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. It's more time consuming than I had anticipated but it's really fun at the same time. I love how supportive and friendly the beauty community is.
3. If you could only wear one beauty product, what would it be?
I'm torn between concealer, eyeliner and mascara, but I'd go with concealer, as it can really brighten up my face and make me look more awake, even when I haven't had enough sleep.
4. What do you want to be/did you want to be when you were younger?
I wanted to be a Veterinarian but ended up in Marketing.
5. What is your favourite clothing item?
6. Are you a saver or spender?
7. What is/was your favourite subject?
8. What is/was your worst subject?
9. What is your best characteristic?
What people mention the most is that I'm very caring
10. How developed are your makeup skills?
I am by no means a makeup artist (even though I'd love to be one), but I think I can do a pretty good job.
11. Finally, do you have any plans for your blog?
I want to work in the beauty industry so I'd love the blog to reach more people and grow. I'd be very happy if I could, somehow, work with the companies I have loved and admired for years, to help inspire people and bring them more information about which products are worth their money.
Non Fiction Beauty questions
1. What is your ideal holiday destination and why?
France because it's such a relaxing and romantic place to be, plus the food is great!
2. Big wedding or small wedding? Why?
Small. I prefer intimate parties.
3. What are 3 of your favourite foods?
Steak, banoffee pie and popcorn
4. Would you rather be extremely hairy or have no hair at all? (yes, including the hair on your head!)
5. Who/What are two of your favourite artists/bands?
Sarah Bareilles and Maroon 5
6. Gold or Silver jewellery?
7. Gel liner or liquid liner?
8. You have only 3 makeup items to use for the rest of your life. Which items do you choose?
Concealer, Lipstick/lip balm, Eyeliner
9. What is your view on cultural appropriation?
Living in London, I get to see and experience lots of different things from other cultures. I think that's an amazing thing.
10. Tattoos or piercings? Why?
Neither really, but if I have to choose, would go for a small tattoo because at least they can mean something
11. Red lipstick or Pink?
Nina Style Blog Questions
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
My passion for beauty
2. What's your favorite color?
It changes a lot but atm is coral
3. What is the funniest memories from your childhood.
Am I too old to remember? I can't think of any. :-/
4. Your favorite beauty brands
Mac, YSL, Bourjois, Laura Mercier and Estee Lauder
5. 3 things you will never leave home without.
Concealer, lipstick/lip balm and mascara
6. Have you traveled to other countries? If so, what was the most interesting thing about it.
Yes. The most interesting thing about going abroad is getting to know more about other cultures, trying different food and learning new languages
7. If you could get your 3 deems come true, what they would be?
Build a family, be successful doing something I love and live long, surrounded by the people I care about
8. What's your profession?
9. Favorite dessert
10. what are you obsessed with?
Beauty and Technology
11. favorite singer/band
A Little Rose's Questions
1. What is your most worn lipstick?
Probably Mac Faux
2. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Definitely night owl, even though I'd like to change that
3. Who is your style crush?
Gisele Bundchen (model)
4. Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
5. What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
6. If you won the lottery, what would be your first splurge?
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Erm... Would probably like to live in LA (USA) or Australia
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My Mac lipsticks
10. How long do you spend getting ready everyday?
11. What are you most proud of in life?
The person I've become. You can hide scars and spots with makeup but nothing can disguise a bad character
My Life As Anu's Question
1. If you had three wishes what would you wish for and why?
Long healthy life for me and my loved ones, a happy family, to be successful doing something I love
2. When did you decide to start a blog?
Have thought about it for a while but only decided to do it 2 weeks ago
3. Do you have any siblings?
4. What four things can you not live without?
My phone, TV, internet and makeup
5. Who is/are your favourite YouTuber(s)? (If you don't watch any YouTubers then bloggers)
Essie Button, Vivianna Does Makeup and Lily Pebbles
6. Would you like/have you ever considered changing anything about your blog, if yes, what and why?
Not yet... I just started :)
7. When did you start wearing makeup?
In my teens, but only got properly into it 2-3 years ago
8. What is your favourite song?
Oh god... I love music. This is hard. Can I cheat and say anything from Sara Bareilles? :)
9. Do you have any obsessions?
10. Would you rather buy every piece of makeup or clothing you ever wanted?
11. What five things would you take with you on a desert island?
A lighter, books, lip balm, SPF and my husband :P
Here are my questions:
- What is your favourite TV program?
- If you could only have one luxury item what would it be and why?
- What was your favourite childhood TV program?
- What is your happiest memory?
- Liked by many or loved by a few?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- If you had to change one thing about you, what would it be?
- What is your biggest aspiration?
- What's your dream holiday?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What's your favourite Starbucks drink?
An Impatient Scottish Girl
The Make Up Doctor
Beauty High Street
All Good Things
I Am Chick London
I hope you continue this chain and enjoy answering the questions and reading this post. :-)