I'm off to Italy today and I thought I'd post an updated version of "what's in my travel makeup bag". If you want to have a peak at my post from last Summer, you can read it here.
After nearly 1 year, my favourite holiday products have all changed so I thought you might find interesting to see which beauty items I'll be taking with me.
- Estée Lauder EE Cream (review here). Love this product, which is basically just like a tinted moisturiser, with SPF30. Very light and therefore perfect for holidays, as I don't wear too much makeup and just want something to even out my skin tone a little bit.
- Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer (also known as Age Rewind Concealer). Chose to take this one instead of my beloved Clarins Instant Concealer (read about it here) because it's got a more powdery finish and therefore I feel it'll stay put through hot weather better.
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder. This is such a drugstore gem. Super fine and just doesn't look cakey at all. Perfect to set makeup and to take on the go as it's also got a big mirror. The only thing is I wish it had a little sponge with it, like the Mac Studio Fix powder that I included in my post last year. Every time I take it with me I have to also take a little brush (the powder one from EcoTools - perfect handbag /travel size).
- Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette. I have taken this palette on holiday with me before and it's great, as you have bronzer, 3 blush options and a highlighter, all in one place. Sadly, it was limited edition. Not a huge fan of the highlighter (too glittery) but I love Laguna Bronzer and the blushes are also really pretty.
- Eyeshadows: I rarely travel with much, when it comes to eyes, as I tend to just wear a little wash of colour and be done. My favourite eyeshadow for that is Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze (also known as Bad to the Bronze in the US). This one was also in my previous post as it's a gorgeous shade and very long lasting. I usually take it with me on every holiday, along with the Mac Painterly Paintpot. And since I got oily lids, I also take my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (travel). Because I'm going away for a week, I decided to also take some powder eyeshadows in my Z Palette (small). In this instance, the shadows are Mac All That Glitters, Makeup Geek (MUG) Shimma Shimma, MUG Homecoming, MUG Creme Brulee and MUG Unexpected.
|Top to Bottom / Left to Right: MUG Shimma Shimma, MUG Homecoming, |
MUG Creme Brulee, MUG Unexpected, MAC All That Glitters.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara has become my favourite mascara and it's all I wear since I got it. Because it's waterproof, it'll be perfect for hot weather. Read more about it here.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler (review here)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner (black). This liner is so good & has great lasting power. I love that it lasts pretty much all day, even on the water line. Really pigmented and affordable.
- Lip products:
Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm - Watermelon (light, hydrating and has a lovely rosy tint)
Mac Brave Lipstick (see swatches and review here)
Nars Audacious Lipstick in Raquel (swatches and review here)
- And lastly, I have to take something to set my makeup in place. I recently picked up the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (travel). This is new to me so will have to report back later. But it's a cult favourite, with amazing reviews. I'm positive it'll help me keep my makeup in place all day.
For brushes, I'm taking my Zoeva Pink Elements set I got for Christmas. It's perfect and pretty much complete. As I mentioned in my review (here), the only thing I feel is missing is a highlighter brush. But overall, an amazing selection and the quality is also incredible.
I hope you enjoy this type of post. Please let me know in the comments if you do. As you can see, I don't take a huge amount of stuff when I go on holiday as I just want to relax and have fun, so slapping a full face of makeup is not something I normally choose to do, but I still want to look nice every now and then. ;-)
Are you going away this Summer? What is your 'must have' holiday beauty product? X
P.S.:I'm going to be away for a week so please bear with me. I'll reply to all comments and return the love when I'm back. <3
Keep in Touch