When I travel around Europe, for a short period, I prefer to pack lightly. I don't wear that much makeup when I'm away, especially if I know I'll spend most of my trip by the pool or at the beach.
As I'm going to a hot and humid country, I make sure I take waterproof and long lasting products. These are my current heat proof makeup staples:
1. Simple Kind to Skin Moisturiser. Light, non greasy and got a good SPF30.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. Love this product. It's oil free, got great coverage and SPF20.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Have tried so many and this one is my favourite! Light on the skin, moisturising and brightening. Lasts pretty much all day on me and it doesn't crease.
4. Bourjois Bronzing Primer. This can be worn before the base, to add a glow all over the face, but I prefer to wear it as a bronzer on the cheeks and temples. Looks natural and it's very blendable.
5. Daniel Sandler Waterproof Cream Blusher in Soft Pink. I've worn this cream blush on previous holidays and it won't budge! They are like hidden gems in Daniel Sandler's collection. I rarely hear about them, as everyone only seem to talk about the watercolour blushes. But they are so good! Soft pink is a very natural rosy colour. Gorgeous!
6. Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze. I have oily lids and still I don't need a primer with this cream eyeshadow, as it won't crease at all. Absolutely amazing product.
7. Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara. Holds the curl really well and stays put all day, no matter the weather.
8. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner. Another budge proof hero. Love it! One of the very few I've tried that doesn't end all under my eyes making me look like a panda.
9. Mac Cream Colour Base in Hush. Gorgeous cream highlighter! Very subtle but leaves a nice sheen on the cheeks. I personally don't like wearing obvious highlighters in hot weather, as they can make you look sweaty, rather than glowy.
I love cream products when I'm on holiday because it saves me from having to pack a bunch of brushes. I can apply them just using my fingers.
10. Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Amazing powder foundations with high coverage. I find it great to set my makeup and help keep it in place for longer or to wear it on it's own, as my base. A must have for me!
11. Mac Eyeshadow in Omega. I use this on my eyebrows. Even though the shade is quite light, I find it works great when I want a very natural look. It's also a really good crease colour, to add some depth to the eyes.
12. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. Great cleanser that comes with a muslin cloth. I love the fact that they sell travel sizes. So convenient!
|L to R: Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial, Revlon Balm Stain in Honey & Mac Creemsheen in Peach Blossom|
Lastly but not least, I obviously pack some lippies. My favourite ones for holiday have to be Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial, which is a gorgeous mauve / pink and Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey. Both very pigmented and really long lasting, as they leave a bit of a stain behind.
I also like packing a more sheer, nude-ish lipstick. This time I'm taking Mac Peach Blossom, which is one of my favourite Mac lipsticks.
Recently I've been carrying all my makeup in a clear makeup bag. It's so practical. I don't have to separate my liquids and put them into airport security bags. I can just pop it into the tray, as is. It's that easy! It comes in a set with 3 different sized bags. You can buy them for £8 here.
Let me know in the comments below which are your must have makeup items for holiday. X